[outages] Level3 issue in Dallas

Jason Ackley jason at ackley.net
Thu Jul 16 17:06:40 EDT 2015

Sadly, this is a repeat offender
linecard/platform/customer-edge-device/something-or-other.

This is probably the 3rd time this has taken place for this port for us in
the past 14months?

As a side note - We reported this at 7:45 AM GMT per our ticket timestamp
when it originally took place. Not sure why it takes so long for the IP NOC
to put it together.

If there are any Level3 lurkers - may be an indication of other training or
tool problems?

In our ticket notes - they said there were 4 other ports impacted on the
linecard with down BGP sessions, so I guess I know who else is on the
linecard :)    /wave

--
jason