[outages] Level 3 intermittent packet loss in Dallas

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Oct 28 10:25:17 EDT 2015

We've opened a ticket with Level 3 (9896580) regarding intermittent packet
loss affecting certain source/destination IP pairs, with certain pairs
receiving 100% packet loss, and others passing traffic normally.

For example, we were unable to ping 4.2.2.3, from a particular IP address,
but could ping 4.2.2.2, and 4.2.2.4.

We've disabled our Level 3 BGP session while we trouble shoot. This
problem was causing some very strange trouble reports from our customers,
such as certain sites not working, or working intermittently.

--
Dan White