[outages] Lightpath -- Zayo issues in NYC / Metro Area?

Ryan Abbott RAbbott at ststire.com
Wed Sep 16 14:36:36 EDT 2015

Seeing horrible ping times right now.  Have a VPN tunnel set up between our
two HQ buildings, Lightpath one side, Zayo and lightpath on the other.  If I
ping lightpath to Lightpath I see 2-3ms pings, when I try to go from Zayo to
Lightpath I see 100-200ms pings with random packet loss.  I did a traceroute
and it looks to be happening where the packets go from the Zayo network to
the Lightpath Network as everything is <1ms prior to that point over Zayo's
network.

Down detector shows reports of outages for NY / Northern NJ area coming in
over Optimum Online.

Anyone else seeing any issues?

Ryan Abbott
Windows Server Administrator