[outages] DigitalOcean SFO packet loss

Nik Geyer nik at neko.id.au
Mon Jun 20 22:18:59 EDT 2016

Hi,

The packet loss was related to the issues Telia suffered today and traffic was rerouted to other providers accordingly.

Cheers,
Nik.

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Jun 2016, at 10:15 PM, Aaron C. de Bruyn via Outages <outages at outages.org<mailto:outages at outages.org>> wrote:

Sorry for the late reply.  They did send out a notice a few days ago about SFO maintenance, but the date is in the future...could be related.

---
Start: 2016-06-22 03:00 UTC
End: 2016-06-22 13:00 UTC

Hello,
During the above window, the networking team will be upgrading some pieces of networking equipment to improve performance and reliability for our SFO1 location

Expected Impact:
We do not expect any impact to customers during this change. There may be a few minutes of increased latency as we change some routing, however all droplet should be fully reachable throughout the maintenance

If you have any questions, or concerns, please reach out to us by replying to this email or opening up a ticket on your account.

Thank you,
DigitalOcean Networking Team
---

-A