[outages] Level 3 issues in NE?

Matt Williamson mattmatics11 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:00:59 EDT 2016

We've got a Wave between the US and Europe down, as well as service
degradation from the East coast to a couple Level 3 DIA connections in EMEA.
Here's latest case update from Level 3 I have:

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 09-May-2016 20:35:11 GMT - Event

Fiber crews are onsite and are prepping the and pulling the replacement
fiber at this time. The fiber splicing crew is en route, and an estimated
arrival time of 22:00 GMT has been provided.

05/09/2016 20:35:48 GMT -

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 09-May-2016 20:35:11 GMT  Event

Fiber crews are onsite and are prepping the and pulling the replacement
fiber at this time. The fiber splicing crew is en route, and an estimated
arrival time of 22:00 GMT has been provided.

05/09/2016 19:58:30 GMT - 05/09/2016 19:42:57 GMT - A fiber issue between
Wilmington, DE and Philadelphia, PA is impacting unprotected services. The
fault has been identified and Field Services have been engaged to dispatch
to the site, an estimated arrival time has not been provided. Please be
advised that updates for this event will be relayed at a minimum of hourly
unless otherwise noted. The information conveyed hereafter is associated to
live troubleshooting effort and as the discovery process evolves through to
service resolution, ticket closure, or post incident review, details may
evolve.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Brad Jervis via Outages <outages at outages.org