[outages] Google DNS Admin on List ?

Paul M - outages paul+outages at mansfield.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 08:18:41 EDT 2017

On 9 October 2017 at 12:29, Jason Hellenthal via Outages
<outages at outages.org> wrote:
> Currently seeing Google public DNS A and B, still responding well past $TTL for two domains. TTL is currently at 300 for a week or more and our changes went in place over an hour ago.
>
> Flush cache or contact off list for details of the domains.

I've not seen any problems from here in the UK, I monitor the
responsiveness of their DNS as it's also a useful measure of my
upstream having problems, I'm seeing a consistent 20ms response time
from 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

this previous posting might be useful to identify which Google DNS
cluster you're using:
https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/outages/2017-August/010707.html

memo to self: add IPv6 dns checks for 2001:4860:4860::8888 and
2001:4860:4860::8844