[outages] Google DNS Admin on List ?

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at 4lpi.com
Mon Oct 9 11:18:13 EDT 2017

Not necessarily a response time issue. RTT is great! cache flushing is sometimes not all that up-to-par.

e.g. change a record and look for it to change on google. Sometimes there is a lasting change waiting to happen an hour later even though your TTL is far below that.

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 07:18, Paul M - outages via Outages <outages at outages.org> wrote:
>
> On 9 October 2017 at 12:29, Jason Hellenthal via Outages
> <outages at outages.org> wrote:
>> Currently seeing Google public DNS A and B, still responding well past $TTL for two domains. TTL is currently at 300 for a week or more and our changes went in place over an hour ago.
>>
>> Flush cache or contact off list for details of the domains.
>
> I've not seen any problems from here in the UK, I monitor the
> responsiveness of their DNS as it's also a useful measure of my
> upstream having problems, I'm seeing a consistent 20ms response time
> from 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
>
> this previous posting might be useful to identify which Google DNS
> cluster you're using:
> https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/outages/2017-August/010707.html
>

> memo to self: add IPv6 dns checks for 2001:4860:4860::8888 and
> 2001:4860:4860::8844

 Onward!
 Jason Hellenthal
 Systems & Network Administrator
 Office: +1 (262) 207-2586
 LP-170 / JJH48-ARIN

The information in this email, and any attachments, may contain confidential information and is intended for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It must not be disclosed to any person without authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.