[outages] REMINDER: Irma

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 5 18:27:40 EDT 2017

Just as with Harvey and the eclipse, the incoming Hurricane Irma will cause
lots of trouble in the Caribbean, in some part of Florida, and possibly
further up the coast, depending on the final track of the storm.

Since this is prone to cause the noise floor on the mailing list to rise,
and since some significant fraction of our subscribers send the list to their
cellphones, or a mailbox which alerts there, let's again be even more careful
than usual to evaluate what we're posting.

Keep your reports here to DOWN, UP and MEETOO for physical circuits direct to
and between carriers, and forwards of outage notices from upstreams, as much
as possible.

Use the -discussion list for everything else.

We don't know where it's going yet, but we're pretty sure someone's gonna take
it in the metaphorical nuts.  Let's be careful out there...

Cheers,
-- jra
Co-Moderator, Outages*