[outages] Facebook Outage

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:26:34 EDT 2018

I absolutely and vehemently disagree. The first signs of a network outage
*are* application outages. If you tell people not to report major
application outages--and let's face it, Facebook's 200 million US customers
is major--then we'll miss out on crucial early detection and
troubleshooting opportunities. And what applications are we talking about,
exactly? Does VoIP become an application, something that should no longer
be discussed? It doesn't make sense to me to narrow the focus of this list
that much.

My $0.02. With that said, this really should be on the discussion list. I
guess I need to make sure I'm even subscribed to that one.

John