[outages] Rackspace Cloud Databases and Cloud Datastores ObjectRocket Redis | Databases Down | ORD Region

Dustin Essington dustin.essington at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Aug 6 17:33:07 EDT 2018

Hello Outages List,

As a Rackspace employee and a member of the outages list, I’m endeavoring to notify this list whenever a widespread Rackspace outage has been identified and public facing comms have been approved. Below is the latest info we have on widespread outage for two of our products in the Chicago(ORD) Datacenter.
On 6 August 2018, at 13:17 CDT, Object Rocket Redis customers in the ORD region may be unable to access their databases. Additionally, a portion of Cloud Database customers in the ORD region may have had their databases go into read-only mode. Engineers have identified the issue was caused by a maintenance. The team implemented a fix, however issues still persisted. The team is still working to resolve impact.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of your support team.

--
Dustin Essington
OpenStack Private Cloud Engineer