[outages] Internet outages in TN/KY/VA/GA areas

Brian Ladd brian at voiceopia.com
Wed Dec 19 16:22:03 EST 2018

Yes and no? It's hard to get visual maps because there's no real
centralized place where it's reported and providers have considerable
amounts of variation on when an outage is an outage that's reported.

Something like downdetector.com might be the closest, but it's not really
accurate. Many providers have RSS feeds to their health/status pages, but
again they may not post "outage" for hours after issues are seen at the
endpoint.

You can also run traceroutes and other ping/monitoring from your end, and
screenshot to a client-- but YMMV.