[outages] Sharepoint and Outlook "Throttled"

David Rubin drubin at cubexgroup.com
Wed Sep 5 14:17:56 EDT 2018

Reported by Microsoft:
EX147785 - Unable to access Outlook or Skype
User impact:
Users may receive a message indicating they are being throttled when
accessing Outlook or Skype.
Latest message:
Title: Unable to access Outlook or Skype User Impact: Users may receive a
message indicating they are being throttled when accessing Outlook or
Skype. Current status: As part of our follow-up remediation actions
stemming from the issue reported under service incident MO147606, an update
was introduced to the components that manage authentication. We've
determined that this update has resulted in users receiving a message
indicating they are being throttled when attempting to access Outlook and
Skype. We're reverting the update to remediate the problem. Scope of
impact: This issue could potentially affect any of your users
intermittently if they are routed through the affected infrastructure.
Start time: Wednesday, September 5, 2018, at 5:30 PM UTC Preliminary root
cause: A recent update to components that manage authentication requests
has resulted in users receiving a message indicating that they are being
throttled when accessing some Office 365 services. Next update by:
Wednesday, September 5, 2018, at 6:30 PM UTC