[outages] Calls to China.

Christopher Trudeau CTrudeau at nitelusa.com
Thu Mar 21 13:36:22 EDT 2019

Adam,

I used +86 400 820 3800 (Microsoft Technical Support / China) as my known working number.
I'm not able to get through using Flowroute (who I see you're with), my call resulted in an immediate 500 Service Unavailable.

Using voip.ms, I get RNA (~30 seconds) when using their value international routing.
When using voip.ms premium routing, I'm able to get to a Chinese speaking IVR (the call supervised and accepted DTMF, so I'm assuming this was intended behavior).
Unfortunately I don't know the difference (carrier wise) between voip.ms's value/premium routing, only providing my experience.

Seems like a fault of an upstream carrier somewhere... good luck when working with those international upstream carriers.
Be sure to let the list know if/when you guys find the fault.

Thanks and have a great day,
Christopher Trudeau
Network Analyst II,
Network Operations