[outages] SharePoint online and One Drive outage

Spencer Toland stoland at oru.edu
Thu May 2 17:12:07 EDT 2019

Microsoft 365 Service health status
________________________________

Title: Unable to access Microsoft 365 services or features

User impact: Users may be unable to access Microsoft 365 services or features.

More info: Affected services include SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, Stream, Power BI, Planner, Forms, PowerApps, and Office Licensing.

Current status: We've identified a potential Domain Name System (DNS) issue that could be contributing to the problem. We're working to develop an action plan to mitigate impact.

Scope of impact: This issue could potentially affect any of your users intermittently if they are routed through the affected infrastructure.

Next update by: Thursday, May 2, 2019, at 10:00 PM UTC

From: https://status.office365.com/

A sysadmin named SSBroski (and possibly others) once stated:
It’s not DNS
There’s no way it’s DNS
It was DNS

Spencer