[outages] IBM Cloud / NetworkLayer Outage

Jeff P jeffp at jeffp.us
Tue Jun 9 19:39:47 EDT 2020

 https://cloud.ibm.com/status/
=================================
MAINTENANCE: IBM Cloud Monitoring will be unavailable during maintenance
*Component: *IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig
*Location: *London
*Start time: *9 Jun 2020 3:00 PM
*End time: *9 Jun 2020 6:00 PM
*Update time: *1 Jun 2020 12:19 PM
------------------------------
*Type: *Maintenance
*ID: *CHG0683971

*What are we changing?*

We are introducing changes to the IBM Cloud Monitoring with Sysdig service
which require database maintenance that will require up to 30 minutes of
downtime for the service.

*Why are we making this change?*

We are making changes to our service infrastructure to improve the service
stability and to improve our ability to release non-disruptive changes in
the future. These changes to our data storage infrastructure require an
outage to ensure that customer data is not impacted by these changes.

*How will it impact the environment?*

During the maintenance window there will be up to 30 minutes of downtime
while we perform the database maintenance.  During this time the service
will not be available.  There will be gaps in the metric data once the
service is restored for the outage period during the maintenance window.
Alerting will be unavailable during the downtime and there may be some
alerts triggered after the downtime due to the missing metric data
depending on your alert configurations.

*Maintenance Duration*: 180 minutes

JeffP
jeffp at jeffp.us <jeffp at jeffp.us>

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.*

NOTICE:
Use or dissemination by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail to correct our records.
Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its
entirety, including any backup processes that your system may perform.
those of the author. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure
or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender,
therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.