[outages] Fiber cut in NoVA

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Tue Oct 20 22:47:28 EDT 2020

We also have some Wave (RCN) circuits impacted by this cut. A little more
info:

As of ~7pm Eastern:

Damage traced to construction at Gallows Rd and Saic Ct. Damage is due
to construction boring and is 10 feet deep. Crews on site. No ETR at
this time.

Then at ~9pm Eastern (this one we got over the phone from Wave who got it
from Fiberlight):
they are "routing a spare conduit to check for damages" and continuing to
do escavation [sic], no ETR, 432-count fiber

Nothing since. Anyone have a picture of the damage? Or live close enough to
go take one?