[outages] [347-2944E457-001E] Lumen / Century Link / Legacy Level3

Bill Sucevic billsucevic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 14:14:28 EST 2021

We have been receiving multiple reports from users with Verizon FIOS and
Verizon Wireless mobile hotspot unable to connect to VPN hosted on legacy
Level 3 in PA.  Packet captures on both sides confirmed that the packet
loss was in the direction of Level 3 to Verizon.  The problem was first
reported to us around 6:50am EST.  At 2:02pm several Verizon VPN users
dropped for 5-10 seconds.