[outages] Discord, Wikipedia, Spotify, AWS down - common denominator?

Dustin Sneath dsneath at elkgroveparks.org
Tue Mar 8 14:20:02 EST 2022

>From this list, I can only confirm Spotify to be down from Chicago
(AS36498). The rest all appear to be up from our standpoint.

With respect to Spotify, it stopped mid-stream and logged everyone out
(including myself) and we can't re-authenticate at this point either with
SSO or direct login.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 1:16 PM Ross Tajvar via Outages <outages at outages.org>
wrote:

> Discord uses both GCP and Cloudflare, and is confirmed not working for me.
> YouTube, Wikipedia, and Twitter seem fine for me.
> All my tests are from FiOS in MD.
>
> Downdetector isn't really a reliable source of information. If there's a
> more concrete failure notification, like a confirmed GCP outage, I think
> that would be more useful.
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2022, 2:04 PM Phineas Walton via Outages <
> outages at outages.org> wrote:
>
>> A lot of services seem to be having issues - I know Discord and
>> Spotify use GCP but the rest don't (to my knowledge). I wonder what
>> the common denominator to these widespread outages is.
>>
>> Services with reported issues:
>> - Discord (completely down)
>> - Spotify (completely down)
>> - Wikipedia (completely down)
>> - AWS
>> - Twitter
>> - GCP
>> - Youtube
>> - Facebook / Instagram
>> - Cloudflare
>> - Twitch
>>
>> https://downdetector.com
>>
>> Phin

<https://www.elkgroveparks.org/>
Dustin Sneath
Superintendent of I.T.|Elk Grove Park District
*P* 847-228-3846
*W *elkgroveparks.org
  <https://www.facebook.com/elkgroveparks>
<https://twitter.com/elkgroveparks>
<https://www.instagram.com/elkgroveparks/>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/EGParkDistrict/videos>
​IAPD / IPRA Illinois Distinguished Accredited Agency
*Confidentiality Note:* This email may contain confidential and or private
information. If you received this email in error, please delete ​it ​and
notify the sender.