[outages] [EXTERNAL] Re: ATT cellular network 2024-02-22

Jim Harton jim at cybersweat.shop
Thu Feb 22 13:24:42 EST 2024

A lot of the individuals who claimed to have service issues (at least
locally) using TMO and VZW claimed that because they were attempting to
call individuals on AT&T.  In two cases of individuals I talked to they had
full voice and data.  I haven't seen any confirmation on other providers
being down, and VZW put out a statement stating they were aware of "another
carrier" being down, but they were unaffected.

Example from news:
> Verizon said Thursday morning that the outages are not affecting its
network directly, only customers trying to reach another carrier.
> T-Mobile also said early Thursday that the network didn't suffer an
outage and is operating normally, and Downdetector numbers likely reflect
customers attempting to reach users on other networks.

Source:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/t-verizon-t-mobile-customers-hit-widespread-cellular-outages-us-rcna139938