[rbak-nsp] l2tp max sessions question

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Mon Jan 22 16:59:48 EST 2007

Smartedge Question.

How does the l2tp peer directive "max-sessions <n>" operate?

I am making the assumption that the n+1st session requested results in a CDN
back down the tunnel to the peer.

I receive sessions from an LTS (happens to be a redback SMS actually) which
hears the CDN but instead brings the user straight back to me only for me to
refuse it again.

We play this game for a few more attempts before the LTS sends a CDN
downstream to its LAC and the session is pulled.

I'd like to be able to send the PPP sub an LCP TermReq and ensure the LTS
sees the subscriber pulled away from it.

I've no idea if this is possible, one method that occured to me was using
RADIUS tunnel authenticaton when the subscriber arrives inbound from the LTS
and then declining to authenticate it (if its the n+1st  or subsequent
subscriber on the tunnel) but I fear that all that would happen is another
CDN would be issued.

Anybody on list have any ideas?

Dave.