[rbak-nsp] Managing policy based routing on a SmartEdge 800

pablo Estavio pabloestavio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 15:37:01 EST 2007

Hi,

In a Cisco environment, PBR sessions can be managed with Multiple Traced
Options to determine the health of the connection before routing the
packet.  Does anyone know if this can be done on a Redback SM800?  For
instance, if I am using PBR on an SM800 to route http traffic (but not
non-http traffic) to a Cisco 7600 via GigE(2xGigE 802.3ad), is there anyway
to determine the status of the 7600 so that I don't route to a black hole if
the 7600 dies?

Thanks,

Pablo Estavio