[rbak-nsp] SE100 /pppoe - hints needed

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Wed Mar 12 03:50:45 EDT 2008

hello,

I need several hints about pppoe that I can't smoothly find in documentation
(maybe mine is incomplete).

- how can I change the "Service Name" advertised by SE100 as PPPoE
concentrator ?
At the moment, I can see only:
"Access Concentrator - redBac_SE100-serialnumber" "ServiceName - Default
Service"

I would like to replace this Default Service with some other, manually
defined.

- is it possible to start several PPPoE services advertised on a single vlan
?
Let's say that "wifi" and "voip". Internet access would be via "wifi" but
iptelephony
via "voip" (different contexts etc..)

Sip gates will ask for joining "voip", Internet access will ask for "wifi"
services.
Both available via the same L2 broadcast domain.

- is it possible to start several encapsulations on the same PVC at the same
time ?
What I mean is - I would like to start DHCP on the same broadcast domain
as "wifi" and "voip" PPPoE services.

Reason - open radio access, anyone who attaches to our radio network will
obtain IP address from DHCP, but without the access to Internet.
Any www request will be redirected to info web.
Them, the next step should be PPPoE "dialup"

Regards,
Marcin