[rbak-nsp] http redirect for pppoe subscibers / radius commands

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Thu Sep 25 06:48:51 EDT 2008

Here is an example http redirect:

!!Context Stuff

context foonet
!
policy access-list you-didnt-pay
!
  seq 10 permit ip any 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 class  not-for-redirect-class
<-- customer can return traffic to your NOC subnet (this traffic will
be classed as "not for redirection")
!
  seq 20 permit udp any host <ns> eq domain class not-for-redirect-class
<-- customer can speak to the DNS resolvers (which should not allow them
to tunnel IP over DNS!)
!
  seq 30 permit tcp any 1.2.3.4 0.0.0.0 eq www class not-for-redirect-class
!
<--- Customer can speak to the "you must pay" webserver (should use
ssl as well)
!
  seq 1000 permit ip any any class drop-class
!
<-- Everything else is classified as drop-class (which we will drop
later)
!

!
 http-redirect profile you-didnt-pay
  url https://www.company.com/youdidntpay.cgi?user=%u
!

!!Global stuff (forward policy must be global but references
your contexts quite confusingly)

forward policy you-didnt-pay

 access-group you-didnt-pay foonet <-- name your context here
  class not-for-redirect-class <-- non http we NEED permitted
  class redirect-class         <-- http redirected
   redirect destination local
  class drop-class             <---non http we DONT NEED dropped
   drop

 access-group  barnet <-- The next context you want
 etc...

!! Radius stuff

Forward-Policy= you-didnt-pay

Forward-Policy is a VSA defined in the redback dictionary:

ATTRIBUTE       Forward-Policy                  92      string
Redback