[rbak-nsp] bgp debug to external log server

Sridhar manisridhar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 13:15:23 EDT 2009

Hi Marcin,
I'm not sure if you can redirect debug bgp ouput to an external log
server, but you can log the debug output to a file on /md and retrieve
the file later. But you need to do this carefully (ie. choose the
right debugs ) because this can fill up /md quickly.

[local]Redback#conf
[local]Redback(config)#cont local
[local]Redback(config-ctx)#logging file ?
  WORD  Local file name prefix; default directory /md
  text  Save the log in clear text
[local]Redback(config-ctx)#logging file text /md/bgpdebug.txt
[local]Redbackl(config-ctx)#end
[local]Redback#
[local]Redback# debug bgp neighbor 172.30.45.110 update
[local]Redback#

sridhar