[rbak-nsp] HowTo Send Packet-of-Disconnect/Disconnect-Messages to a RedBack SE-800

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Thu May 21 17:43:44 EDT 2009

By issuing the configuration directive:

radius coa server <IP of RADIUS SERVER> encrypted-key <KEY> port 3799

you are permitting CoA packets from <IP of RADIUS SERVER> using key <KEY>
on port 3799 to be used for CoA requests.

If you issue this directive in the "somedomain.net" context then you will only be able
to issue CoA requests for subscribers of "somedomain.net" and can only send CoA
packets to this context's bound IP address.

If you issue this directive in the "local" context, then you can issue CoA
requests for all subscribers in all contexts.

In both cases, port 3799 must be permitted in any ACLs which protect your context
either on the redback itself or any upstream devices.

Hope this helps

David Freedman
Group Network Engineering
Claranet Limited