[rbak-nsp] PIM not coming up

Anton Turygin pa3op at tsua.net
Wed Nov 25 06:03:05 EST 2009

Hi,

Trying to comfigure PIM between Cisco and Redback SE400.

Cisco config:

ip multicast-routing

interface XXX
  ip pim sparse-mode

Redback config:

interface YYY
   pim sparse-mode

>From the Cisco side I see the neighbor coming up:
#sh ip pim neighbor
[...]
Y.Y.Y.Y      XXX                 22:23:16/00:00:30 v2    1 / DR S

But from the Redback side:
#show pim neighbor
#
#show pim interface
* - Interface running in passive-mode
Address         Interface           Mode    Cct   Up Nbr   Hello DR
                                             Count Dn Count Intvl
Y.Y.Y.Y    	YYY            sparse  1    Up 0     10    Y.Y.Y.Y
#
#show process pim

NAME           PID    SPAWN    MEMORY  TIME            %CPU  STATE
UP/DOWN
pim           4286        1     6044K  00:02:16.80    0.00%  run
6d20h
#

Did I forget something in my configuration? What could be the problem?

Thanks.

--
RAZ-UANIC
RAZ-RIPE