[rbak-nsp] Subscriber pq QoS not applying

jim at scusting.com jim at scusting.com
Thu Apr 29 11:43:29 EDT 2010

OK "debug aaa all" gave me the following:

50883553 16:25:42 %AAA-7-AUTHOR: aaa_idx 13289223: aaa_read_qos_policy:
slot = 0, card_type = 122, port_type = 0, mode_flags = 0x800, style_flag
= 0x1, qos-queuing-policy = testpq
50883554 16:25:42 %AAA-7-EXCEPT: aaa_idx 13289223: aaa_read_qos_policy:
qos-queuing-policy testpq media set mismatch, return code is 148.
50883555 16:25:42 %AAA-7-EXCEPT: aaa_idx 13289223: aaa_qos_attr_prov:
Failed to apply qos attribute 29 (qos-queuing-policy) to subscriber
testuser at adsl.domain.co.uk

So it doesnt like the media? This user is connecting via L2TP and the
session connects to the Redback on 'port ethernet 1/3'.  The L2TP config
for this is:

 l2tp-peer unnamed
  max-tunnels 50
  lns card selection priority
  lns card 1 preference 5
  lns card 14 preference 10
  function lns-only

So the L2TP sessions connecting on this card are given card 1 as the
priority - so the session should be handled by the card that the traffic
passes through - which I believe is a requirement for QoS in an L2TP
setup?  The card in question should be capable of QoS as we paid extra
for the ones with traffic management features:

#show hardware card 1 detail
Slot              : 1                Type              : ge3-4-port

So what's the media mismatch its complaining about?

Thanks.

Jim.