[rbak-nsp] Inter-context routing

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Thu Jan 7 07:22:08 EST 2010

> OK - I think I answered my own question:
>
> next-hop-self
> Purpose: Advertises the local peer address as the next-hop address for
> all external Border Gateway Protocol (eBGP) routes sent to the specified
> neighbor or peer group.
>
> Can you not use next-hop-self with iBGP?

what it means is that next-hop-self over an iBGP session will work but
only change the next hop of routes you learnt via eBGP but would pass on
to your iBGP peer.

There is no point changing the next hop of iBGP routes you would reflect
onward, if you really want to do this then I suspect you will need to do
it manually in a route-map.

Dave.