[rbak-nsp] SMS500 Question

Kevin Wormington kworm at sofnet.com
Thu Jan 14 09:06:36 EST 2010

Hi,

I have an SMS-500 running AOS 6.0.7.2 that I am using to terminate dot1q
pvcs with ipoe encapsulation and using dhcp relay.  I can't seem to
figure out any pattern to the circuit id that the SMS puts in the dhcp
request, they are all like: eb:0:2:43, eb:0:2:29, etc.  Does anyone know
how these can be decoded by some formula back to which dot1q pvc they
came from?

Also, ideally I would like to have the SMS's own dhcp hand out the
address coming from radius but I think my AOS version does not support
this.  I have tried binding a dot1q to a subscriber and setting the
dhcp-max-address with no luck.  Anyone know/remember if this will work?

Thanks,

Kevin