[rbak-nsp] Internal QoS markings

Mariano Juliá mjuliaq at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 08:28:41 EDT 2010

Dave,

The "propagate qos from" only works on the inbound direction (from the
network to the SmartEdge) and "propagate qos to" in the outbound direction.

I don't know your setup but assuming that you are trying to mark the packets
on LNS->LAC direction, there are a couple of possible scenarios.

The interface from the LNS to the core is IP only.

Apply "propagate qos from ip" to the interface facing the core and
"propagate qos to l2tp" on your L2TP peer configuration

If the interface from the LNS to the core is MPLS enabled, use the following
config;

router mpls
 propagate qos from mpls

If you want to use the short pipe model then also use "egress prefer
dscp-qos" under router mpls

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mariano