[rbak-nsp] Provision SE400 with HA using dual XCRP3 controllers

Antonie falco cammerra at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 02:19:02 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I am working on a production SE400 Redback running a single XCRP3 in "SLOT
6".

What I would like to confirm is, If I was to install a second XCRP3
controller into "SLOT 5" with a non-matching configuration and/or SEOS would
there be a way to ensure that this does not become the primary as the
machine must remain on? - simular to the election process you can perform on
a CISCO 3750G stack.

Secondly, can you confirm the procedure to ensure the primary and secondary
have identical SEOS and configuration?

Regards,
Antonie Falco