[rbak-nsp] SE-400 replacement

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Fri Aug 26 14:33:24 EDT 2011

Matthew S. Crocker wrote:

>  Is anyone else getting pressure from Ericcson to replace their SE-400s?   They are making noises that it is EoL already and will be soon EoS.  Trying to get me to upgrade to an SE-600.   I'm barely taxing my SE-400 as it is.
>
> Time to look at alternatives, but it seems the DSL/PPPoE/ATM aggregation router is a dying breed.

I don't know if it is a pressure, but I have seen companies who have
SE600 as replacement for SE400.

Ok, the most important issue is that if you have SE400 with XCRP3, you
will not be able to handle IPv6 subscribers.
I think that in a perspecive of 1-2 years that's reasonable to go to SE600.

Regards,
Marcin