[rbak-nsp] SE-400 replacement

Scott Helms khelms at ispalliance.net
Fri Aug 26 14:45:48 EDT 2011

In more cases than not we're transitioning people away from PPPoX
architectures to using pure DHCP.  So long as your DSLAMs will populate
option-82 as part of the DHCP transaction AND can enforce that only an
IP handed out by DHCP is allowed to bridge through you always know what
shelf/slot/port an IP was on at a given time.

On 8/26/2011 2:33 PM, Marcin Kuczera wrote:
> Matthew S. Crocker wrote:
>>
>>  Is anyone else getting pressure from Ericcson to replace their
>> SE-400s?   They are making noises that it is EoL already and will be
>> soon EoS.  Trying to get me to upgrade to an SE-600.   I'm barely
>> taxing my SE-400 as it is.
>>
>> Time to look at alternatives, but it seems the DSL/PPPoE/ATM
>> aggregation router is a dying breed.
>
> I don't know if it is a pressure, but I have seen companies who have
> SE600 as replacement for SE400.
>
> Ok, the most important issue is that if you have SE400 with XCRP3, you
> will not be able to handle IPv6 subscribers.
> I think that in a perspecive of 1-2 years that's reasonable to go to
> SE600.
>
> Regards,
> Marcin

Scott Helms