[rbak-nsp] today's BGP issue...

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Thu Dec 1 17:52:02 EST 2011

Jeff Tantsura wrote:
> Marcin,

All this DRAFTS are great, but only if all others implement it..
So, maybe sorry the guy for "an idiot".
However, this is not how it should be done when everyone else doesn't
drop stupid messages.

> Why don't you call names vendors which allow to to set AGGREGATOR to 0
> in first place :)?

ok, I'am not telling that others are OK, they are NOT OK.
But, I have mentioned about living environment.. in live BGP network
such situations happen, and... the only reasonable way is to ignore
whole prefix containg malformed attributes and logging.
Then, maybe in future also closing session..

The result is that ISPs in Poland will distribute information that
SmartEdge is a crap for BGP purposes.. you know how bad news spread
around...

Regards,
Marcin