[rbak-nsp] today's BGP issue...

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Thu Dec 1 18:28:54 EST 2011

David Freedman wrote:
> Let us not forget
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shakir-idr-ops-reqs-for-bgp-error-handling-01

I have never read this draft before, but this is exactly what I ment:
    o  It is unacceptable within modern deployments of the BGP-4 protocol
       that a single erroneous UPDATE packet affects prefixes that it
       does not carry.  This requirement therefore requires some
       modification to the means by which erroneous UPDATE packets are
       handled, and reacted to - with a particular focus on avoiding the
       use of the NOTIFICATION message.

Marcin