[rbak-nsp] qos queuing with L2TP tunnels

Richard Clayton sledge121 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 17:13:21 EST 2011

Ian

It was the aggregate on the circuit towards the lac I wanted to pwfq, I
remember when I tried to do this on Cisco I could never match traffic that
was l2tp encapsulated, we ended up l2tp tunnel switching the traffic to
another lns and shaping the whole tunnel, one of my colleagues has a working
redback pwfq policy but the bandwidth shaping values don't exactly match
reality, the difference appears to be the overhead of the l2tp etc.  How
does the redback Qos inside l2tp, does it match before encapsulation or is
it doing some type of dpi.

Thanks
Rick