[rbak-nsp] redback-nsp Digest, Vol 37, Issue 11

Ian Calderbank ian at calderbankconsulting.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 05:13:08 EST 2011

Never mind telnet/ssh can you ping/arp it? presumably the mgmt connection
was via port 7/1 (eth port on RP1). Now the RP has switched - it will be
using port 8/1 (eth port on RP2).
Do you have Ethernet physical connection to both the RP's ports?  The mgmt
IP  will show up with the same MAC (the MAC comes from the chassis not the
RP) on the other RP's port.

ta
Ian

Message: 2