[rbak-nsp] PWFQ on 10GE card SE800

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Wed May 11 15:14:21 EDT 2011

Frans Legdeur wrote:
> True,
>
> Although I don’t see why these cards should not work in an SE-800 chassis.
> All cards interconnect to each other and negotiate the communication
> speed over the backplane with each other card individually.
> I can imagine that if you have two of these cards in the SE-800, that
> they fail to interconnect at 20G, which they are designed for.
> But if you use a single 4 port 10G card in the SE-800, combined with
> other cards, like single port 10G / 1 G cards, it shouldn’t be any problem.

That could be refused by software.
However, 20G cards should have also 10G backplane interfaces.. just
marketing I suppose.

But, what you can do is to buy just SE600 or SE1200 chassis and move all
cards (including XCRP3/4) to new chassis.
This will be the cheapest way to use 4x10G cards I suppose.

Regards,
Marcin