[rbak-nsp] CLIPS and DHCP

Arjan Van Der Oest Arjan at voiceworks.nl
Wed Oct 12 07:03:19 EDT 2011

On 12 okt. 2011, at 11:42, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:

> Wich leads me to the conclusion the subscriber should not access the
> network anymore. Unfortuantely, on the CPE side, I can still ping
> internet adresses and browse the web.
> How comes? Is it because of CLIPS itself being connection-less? Is there
> something special to send in the CoA request? Is there any alternative
> to shut network access for a specific subscriber using CLIPS?

Maybe a silly question, but did you prevent that subscriber from re-entering the network before CoA'ing him/her? When you send the CoA disconnect and have a ping running, do you see an interrupt in the replies?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Arjan van der Oest
Senior Network Engineer / Security Officer

Voiceworks BV - Editiestraat 29 - 1321 NG Almere