[rbak-nsp] Temporary HTTP Redirect

Jim Tyrrell jim at scusting.com
Tue Feb 28 08:07:48 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a permanent http redirect working fine, but when I change it to a
'temporary' redirect it doesnt seem to work and breaks all traffic.
When the user connects I can see the temporary redirect is applied, and
when the connection attempts to access a webpage the user gets the
message "Please wait while you are redirected." - but then all traffic
stops and we are not even able to ping anything eitherway.

My config is as follows:

--- context ------
context testing

  subscriber default
    http-redirect profile Redirect temporary
    forward policy http-redirect-test in

  http-redirect profile Redirect
   url "http://10.0.0.1/"
   message "Please wait while you are redirected.  Thank you."
   timeout 1

  policy access-list http-packets
   seq 11 permit tcp any host 10.0.0.1 eq www class PortalServers
   seq 100 permit tcp any any eq www class OtherWebTraffic

--- global ------
forward policy http-redirect-test
  access-group http-packets testing
   class OtherWebTraffic
    redirect destination local
   class PortalServers

Its odd, when applied without the 'temporary' it works and every request
gets forwarded to my portal.  I believe the temporary config should mean
the connection gets redirected to the portal initially in order to
display a notification etc, and then subsequent web traffic should work
without interuption.  Am I missing something in the process for
temporary redirects?

Thanks.

Jim.