[rbak-nsp] XCRP3 to XCRP4 cards

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Jul 3 15:19:58 EDT 2012

Judith Sanders wrote:
> We will be upgrading our SE400 and SE800 Redback’s, going from XCRP3 to
> XCRP4 cards. Reading over the very brief documentation on the Ericsson
> site, dthe procedure seems to be fairly basic…any comments or has anyone
> experience any issues.
>
> We are running SEOS6.2.1.7 at present…

First of all, just to remember - image is different, so for upgrades you
need other packages.
Well, I recommend 11.X line, quite stable and has some useful features
as "continue" in route-maps.

Whate else, you will finally breath, 8G of RAM vs 1G (XCRP3) feels the
difference on occupied boxes ;)

I would also recommend to replace chassis to SE600, you will be then
able to install PPA3 based linecards.

Regards,
Marcin