[rbak-nsp] PPPoE user QoS

Navin Nepali navin_n at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 05:53:10 EDT 2012

Hi all:
I have a query regarding the PPPoE QoS in which i want to define two QoS, one for Internet and one for intranet. I want to limit the B/W for the internet whereas not limit the intranet. Anyway I have already implemented this in SE800 using ACL and defining the QoS classes but I am worried about the Queues and I think queues are limited with the traffic cards. If I use two QoS per user then per user it will occupy at least two queues so this will affect the system resources. In my case, the PPPoE user gets the profile for QoS from the AAA.

qos policy 320-mtr metering
 rate 2048 burst 384000 counters
 access-group local_ips local
  class local
   rate 1500 burst 187500 counters
  class internet
   rate 128 burst 24000 counters
!
qos policy 384k-mtr metering
 rate 2048 burst 384000 counters
 access-group local_ips local
  class local
   rate 1500 burst 187500 counters
  class internet
   rate 384 burst 72000 counters
!

So, I want to know if there is any other way to acheive this kind of scenario without defining the two QoS classes.

Thanks,