[rbak-nsp] SEOS Problems question

Sebastian Podjasek sebastian at podjasek.pl
Thu Mar 29 15:44:07 EDT 2012

On 29.03.2012 18:37, Lucy West wrote:
> We have had problems with EPPA card crashes in 11.1.2.3p1 code - caused by sending a ping of>1500 bytes (or 1472 on the SEOS command line) to a subscriber (MLPPP in our case) with no QOS applied
> Our EPPA bug is due to be fixed in 11.1.2.4 to be released tomorrow...

We are running 11.1.2.4 for almost a week and it also crashed - two
times, last one was after reload (3 days ago) and I guess that it will
run stable now. It usually does that, card failure occurs <24h after
system reload and later on it works stable - maybe some kind of buffer
overflow somewhere, maybe we have some 'specific' configuration that
causes failures - but it is just simple/plain pppoe.

[local]rbdeb-1b#show version

Redback Networks SmartEdge OS Version SEOS-11.1.2.4-Release
Built by sysbuild at SWB-node01 Sat Mar 3 16:15:16 PST 2012
Copyright (C) 1998-2012, Redback Networks Inc. All rights reserved.
System Bootstrap version is Mips,rev2.0.2.66
Installed minikernel version is 11.7
Router Up Time -   3 days, 13 hours 22 minutes 52 secs

But as you've said it might indeed be issue with PPPoE subscribers, if I
remember it right it happened only on card where subscribers existed...
Shouldn't crash files I've sent to our supplier be helpful to solve this
issue?

KR,
Sebastian

--