[rbak-nsp] No Calling-Station-Id when acting as LAC

Peter W lists at pw.de
Fri Oct 12 03:34:16 EDT 2012

Hi Jim,

Am 11.10.2012 15:33, schrieb Jim Tyrrell:
> I'm seeing a users Calling-Station-Id received  in RADIUS when our
> SmartEdge 600 is acting as an LNS and terminating a connection, but if
> we act as LAC and tunnel the connection onward we do not see the
> Calling-Station-Id.  Is this a bug or do I need to enable something to
> report the calling detail when we are functioning as a LAC?
>
> I have seen the RADIUS data for the remote LNS, and that is reporting
> the correct CLI data, so our SmartEdge is definately seeing the AVP's
> and passing that onto the remote LNS, why is it not reporting it via
> RADIUS though?

what kind of information do you expect in Calling-Station-Id?

It must be specified with:

[local]LAC1(config-ctx)#radius attribute calling-station-id format ?
  agent-circuit-id  Build Calling-ID string with agent circuit id
  agent-remote-id   Build Calling-ID string with agent remote id
  description       Build Calling-ID string with VC-description
  hostname          Build Calling-ID string with host name
  slot-port         Build Calling-ID string with slot-port info

Best Regards,
	Peter.