[rbak-nsp] IPv6 BGP - inter-context

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Thu Apr 4 08:49:55 EDT 2013

Hi,

classic intercontext routing with IPv6 is not possible, but apart of tromboning the traffic (which will always work properly of course, as suggested by Thomas Voigt <Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de>), inter-VPN_MPLS_context with IPv6 works well (in 11.1.2.5; before that it was expected to work but it didn't really), with import/export route-targets (6VPE) with MPBGP (same way as Cisco: MPBGP configs are used between routers but the import/export config for each L3VPN context is also used to import/export routes locally within the same router, even if there are no neighbors).

6VPE also means that it's not possible to exchange routes with the local/global context (SEOS doesn't support import/export routes with the global), so we ended up putting everything in VPN/MPLS contexts, including the DFZ; the local/global context being used only as MPLS control plane.
In your case, I understand you already have an Internet context called "master-ctx" anyway.

--
regards,
Olivier Benghozi

Sebastian Podjasek <sebastian at podjasek.pl> :