[rbak-nsp] IPv6 BGP - inter-context

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Thu Apr 4 08:50:28 EDT 2013

Hi Sebastian,

you wrote:

> Any official announcements that this will be fixed (or do Ericcson
> consider this as feature, rather than a bug) - maybe in 12.x??

In all SEOS roadmaps I've seen this feature is missed.

> I've managed to setup this with some external BGP router as
> helper, but
> neither this, nor "loopback cable" seem to be nice and proper
> solution ;-)

In my knowledge the "loopback cable" is "best current practice" and used by many companies.

Further you will need this looback cable thing for some NAT configuratios as far as I know.
So look at it as somethig "Redback/Ericsson special"... =;-)

--
Regards,

Thomas