[rbak-nsp] difference between 11.x and 12.x

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Aug 6 05:10:32 EDT 2013

hello,

can some Ericsson/Redback engineer explain what is the main difference
in PPA code error handling between 11.x line and 12.x ?

We used to have a lot of linecard crashes with:
Version SEOS-11.1.2.7p2-Release
Built on Wed Apr 10 02:38:40 PDT 2013

10ge-4-port card has IPPA problems, several times a week.
This card handles ~12k active subscribers + rate limits, 3x BGP router
with plenty of full feeds.
After upgrading to:
Version SEOS-12.1.1.2-Release
Built on Mon Apr 15 01:52:00 PDT 2013

we have no more problems, our SE600 is stable for 2 months.

As between 11.x and 12.x is just 5 days difference, I don't think that
this bug had been corrected.
I rather suspect that that there is a difference in error handling, i.e.
if EU0 has problem with packet than ignore (drop) and continue instead
of crash ???
Or maybe I'am wrong ?

Regards,
Marcin