[rbak-nsp] Policy based routing with NAT

support support support at lancom.ru
Tue Jan 22 04:01:17 EST 2013

Hello,
How do i setup policy based routing with NAT?
The problem is as follows:
We have SE600 with two cards 4*10GE.
Card in slot 2 is uplink card. Here we have 2 uplinks and link to cache
node.
Card in slot 5 is downlink card. Here we have 2 downlinks to our
network(ports 5/2 and 5/4). Both ports have NAT policy. Cache node requires
that customers reach it with public IPs.
We wish, that traffic from uplinks goes through port 5/2 to our customers,
and traffic from cache node goes through port 5/4.
We tried using "forward policy" to set next-hop for traffic from cache, but
it seems, that in this case it doesn't go through NAT on the way back from
the node.  trace looks like it goes through 5/4 to customer network, router
on the customer network uses default route for this packets, the packets
come back at 5/2 deNAT from public IPs to gray net, then packet is sent
through 5/2, because routing information base says, that those IPs are
reachable through 5/2(main link).
Besides excessive load we see that cache node serves less traffic(e.g.
700Mbps without forward policy, about 300Mbps with forward policy).

--
Michael