[rbak-nsp] No Calling-Station-Id when acting as LAC

Soe Prapti prapti.soe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 03:20:21 EDT 2013

Hi Jim,

I also get same problem with you, have you get the solution ? in Seos
version 11 for calling-station-id is only :

  agent-circuit-id  Build Calling-ID string with agent circuit id
  agent-remote-id   Build Calling-ID string with agent remote id
  description       Build Calling-ID string with VC-description
  hostname          Build Calling-ID string with host name
  slot-port         Build Calling-ID string with slot-port info

Regards

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Jim Tyrrell <jim at scusting.com> wrote:

> On 12/10/2012 08:34, Peter W wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> Am 11.10.2012 15:33, schrieb Jim Tyrrell:
>>
>>> I'm seeing a users Calling-Station-Id received  in RADIUS when our
>>> SmartEdge 600 is acting as an LNS and terminating a connection, but if
>>> we act as LAC and tunnel the connection onward we do not see the
>>> Calling-Station-Id.  Is this a bug or do I need to enable something to
>>> report the calling detail when we are functioning as a LAC?
>>>
>>> I have seen the RADIUS data for the remote LNS, and that is reporting
>>> the correct CLI data, so our SmartEdge is definately seeing the AVP's
>>> and passing that onto the remote LNS, why is it not reporting it via
>>> RADIUS though?
>>>
>> what kind of information do you expect in Calling-Station-Id?
>>
>> It must be specified with:
>>
>> [local]LAC1(config-ctx)#radius attribute calling-station-id format ?
>>    agent-circuit-id  Build Calling-ID string with agent circuit id
>>    agent-remote-id   Build Calling-ID string with agent remote id
>>    description       Build Calling-ID string with VC-description
>>    hostname          Build Calling-ID string with host name
>>    slot-port         Build Calling-ID string with slot-port info
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>         Peter.
>>

> I'm expecting the MAC address that we get from our supplier to be reported
> to RADIUS in Calling-Station-Id.  If we terminate the session on our SE600
> then "show subscribers active username x" shows 'calling-id 2cb0.5d8d.7aad'
> and this value is also reported in RADIUS Calling-Station-Id.
>
> If we act as a LAC for this session and tunnel to our customers LNS then
> we dont see calling-id values in the Users session, and Calling-Station-Id
> is not reported to RADIUS.
>
> In both scenarios we see the MAC address being reported to us in the AVP
> debug:
>
> Oct 25 12:20:34: %L2TP-7-AVP:  M  Len=14 IETF Dialing-Number=2cb0.5d8d.7aad
>
> Our customer sees the correct Calling-Station-Id on their LNS and RADIUS
> so its definately there, just not in our local User infomation.
>
> I tried using the suggested 'radius attribute calling-station-id format'
> but all I got was "Agent-Circuit-Id Not Present" or "Remote-Agent-Id Not
> Present" for both LNS and LAC sessions.
>
> thanks.
>
> Jim.

Regards,