[rbak-nsp] Traffic card stops forwarding packets

Jim womble1950 at live.com
Tue Mar 12 08:59:16 EDT 2013

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with 10G traffic cards crashing/locking up in SEOS
6.4 so that they no longer forward traffic?

We have had 2 incidents of 10G traffic cards stop forwarding traffic in
the last few months, both nodes were running 6.4 and it was the card in
Slot1 which had the issue (it was the default traffic card at the time),
and both happened after approx 500 days uptime.  When the issue occured
no traffic was forwarding through the ports, but OSPF, BGP and L2TP
control packets to the card were still operational so there was no
obivious problem except lack of traffic, and nothing in the logs either.
  We had to restart the card to get it functioning again.

I have seen this on 2 different nodes now so I would be surprised we if
are only customer that has experienced the issue?

Thanks.

Jim.